Jul 6, 2010

I learned something yesterday

We're leaving on vacation tomorrow. Because of being on vacation with the kids and knowing it will be more difficult to keep focused on the program, I've suspended it for this week. Actually I suspended it as of Saturday.

It doesn't mean I'm eating everything in sight or I'm eating a bunch of high calorie foods. I'm simply going to not be as strict.

Last night, after Disc Golf league, I went for pizza with the club. I opted for two slices of sausage, a salad and diet coke. Shortly after we got done and I was on my way home I realized I wasn't feeling well as all. I realized I have over-eaten.

Several months ago two slices and a salad would've not been enough. Now it's too much. Not only is my appetite less my stomach is smaller.

I just need to make sure I continue to listen to my body.

What did Sheldon Kopp say? I think he said, "the key to happiness is to eat when you're hunger and sleep when you're tired." He didn't say eat when you're not hungry.

No comments: